One London

My Photo
Name:
Location: London, England, United Kingdom





Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Good news time

The Who are touring again, along with The Rolling Stones on tour all I need is an AC/DC show and a Led Zeppelin reformation to make my decade in one year!

The Who will return to the stage next year following "a very, very cool" surprise announcement in June, according to guitarist Pete Townshend.

Under a Christmas Eve online diary post (http://www.petetownshend.co.uk/) titled "I will go on tour...," the band's driving creative force said all of the shows may be viewable online.

"I have high hopes for the whole tour to be shared to a wide audience at home in a mixture of pay-per-view and free special Web casts," Townshend wrote. "Some of the proceeds will go to charity, of course."

No dates have been confirmed, but Townshend said he expected to unveil some new material on the road.

He had originally hoped to release the first Who studio album since 1982's "It's Hard" this year, but in March relayed news that it had fallen behind schedule due to the studio process and other projects. No new album and drummer Zak Starkey's commitment to touring with Oasis scotched thoughts of a tour in 2005.

"I have said many times... that I am reticent about committing to a tour without a completed new Who album under my belt," Townshend said. "As things stand I am still pushing to produce some more songs. So the announcement (of a 2006 tour) may seem premature. It is not."

While a traditional album is not expected, Townshend said new music will emerge, although it was unknown if it would be in a physical or digital format. "No, it is not an 'EP,'" he says. "It is a truly inspired idea."

Comments on "Good news time"

 

post a comment